WHAT A LOT OF GOODIES WE HAVE TO TELL YOU ABOUT !!!

June 15, 2011

Catchy Rhyme by Roger Thomas

Those in passing are always asking,

about that carving,

that I fixed tall,

to an outside wall,

of my favorite garden... bar

But why put it there amongst seaweed,

beach sand, and old green weed,

those dried out old bones,

them piles of stones

and those shells that you collected from …afar

I always answer, it just seemed right,

being colored all black and white,

with its sharp horns and eyes, and as so painted,

but I suppose also to not get it broken, or maybe tainted

I know its carved rough and hard, but still its without a … scar

Juliette sold it to me swiftly hidden in a brown paper bag

At such a price, and before I could really nag

So what creature is it, this strange head of a sheep or is it a goat,

and so modeled and mounted as having been cut by its throat

Could it be a .. tahr ?

Why no, it’s sea buffalo ! I tell them with glee,

and really something that not many people get to see

To which they reply, usually from under some smoke,

And by now being quite aware of all this being much of a joke

Would it not be better mounted on the bonnet of your …car

Now there’s an idea … aha !

No comments:

Post a Comment